Tech 2458:CLIA-COLA High Complexity Lab Performing Toxicology, PCR, and Blood Assays in SW USA
Coveted BCBS, Medicare, Medicaids, Fully paid of Assets, Two LCMS Systems, Novitas Jurisdiction
Get it for only $250K down with owner-financing
This high-complexity Lab can perform blood tests, urine tests, screening and confirmatory toxicology tests, and PCR tests such as upper respiratory and GI infection tests. The Lab is valued on the basis of existing CLIA and COLA licenses, Medicare and several Medicaid contracts from multiple states, and most importantly coveted BCBS contract. For someone who starts a Lab from scratch, it would take 18-24 months to get all these credentials, which would mean lost revenue. The lab has almost all the equipment completely paid for. It has two LCMS systems that are functional, validated, and fully paid off. Buyer is expected to bring his or her own business to the lab.
It’s testing capabilities include:
- Molecular PCR (upper respiratory, GI)
- Pharmacogenomics (outsourced)
- Rapid Testing
Main equipment include:
- Biofire 4 Film Array molecular testing (owned)
- Luminex molecular testing for women’s health panels (reagent contract)
- 2 AB Sciex 3200 Qtrap (owned)
- Cobas E411 (owned)
- Ortho Clinical Chemistry and Immunodiagnosis (reagent contract)
- Turnkey high complexity lab ready with staff, some revenue, and most equipment paid off
- Get it with only $250K down
- Very capable of doing Toxicology and high margin PCR tests
- In network for coveted BCBS insurance, Medicare, Medicaids of several states and also several HMOs
- Ideal for buyers with own volume
- Save 18-24 months and about $1.5 M in set up and running costs before getting CLIA/COLA and Medicare
- MAC Jurisdiction served by Novitas
- Seller can help relocate it in the state
Asking price at $750K to the seller and the buyer assumes about $770K of equipment debt from two suppliers. It is priced very reasonably, considering that it has paid off equipment assets, turnkey status, valuable BCBS, Medicare, several Medicaids, and HMO contracts and is in a MAC area currently in demand. Additionally, its 2 LCMS, fully paid systems are ready to run toxicology samples from day one. Sometimes this itself can take 3-6 months and if the validations fail CLIA, it could drag on for a long time.
Note that out of $770K debt that the buyer assumes from two vendors, $239K debt is from one of the suppliers has been pending for years and the supplier has never billed or collected any payments. So it may never have to be paid.
The seller is offering the following attractive payment terms to qualified buyers so that the buyer can take over with only $250K down.
- Seller will sell the buyer the fully functional lab for $750K with $250K down and rest on interest free loan that is paid at $25K per month.
- The buyer will also pay $15K per month on a debt that the seller has to supplier 1 (total debt is $530,280.22)
- The buyer will also owe supplier 2 $ $239,134.18. This supplier however hasn’t sent invoices or collected in years and the buyer might never have to pay this debt – however, the buyer will assume this debt on its books.